Saturday, May 24, 2008

[twenty hours].

um... about twenty hours or so to go! about this time tomorrow, i will be at the jfk airport in new york. i can hardly believe that it's already time to go. i can tell it's almost time to go since my nerves/excitement is growing by the minute.

i don't know if a lot of people know about the recent events that have occurred in south africa.. but you can read an article in the following link.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/24731834/
so naturally my mom is freak out mode. also, a travel alert has been issued for south africa.
http://travel.state.gov/travel/cis_pa_tw/pa/pa_3250.html
but we are told not to worry.. and i'm trying not to! hopefully this will be a safe and wonderful trip.

but i wanted to thank everyone who helped fill my suitcase! it is full now and ready to travel with me to south africa.


my suitcase is filled with medical supplies, school supplies, toys, and a pair of soccer cleats. totally awesome! thank you once again!

also.. i am still not packed. well.. i'm halfway packed but like everything else in my life, i am procrastinating. but this is what my room looked like two days ago. i ripped my room apart to prep for the upcoming three weeks.



haha.. this added to my mom's anxiety. :D

well i suppose i should finish packing.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Stella,
You are a blessing and such an encouragement! It's tough letting you go for three weeks, but God is going to do amazing things through your life and in your life. I'm excited for our first intercontinental conversation through skype! Stay safe and have fun!

J-dog(Jeremy)

Anonymous said...

My mom is also freaking out about me going to South Africa. In Time magazine it said that 52 people are murdered in South Africa everyday. I ripped it out of the magazine so my mom wouldn't see :-)

I hope you are having fun!!!

-Amanda B.