Monday, June 23, 2008

[a little truth].

so.. i needed to vent somewhere.. and so i turned to my blog. it has been a little over a week since i have been back. but already it feels like it has been too long. not a day goes by where i don't think about south africa. everyone tells me it's normal. but i feel like this is very different from the normal post-travel symptoms. i honestly miss it like i am homesick.

i think i am struggling with getting back into mn life without forgetting everything about cape town. so, the result is, i am being a loner and trying to avoid my life. it is a weird feeling. i feel very impatient with everyone around me. maybe i am still processing my whole trip. it is hard for me to explain just exactly what i experience.. and i think that is frustrating me.

i just want to be able to place everyone in my shoes. and i am frustrated even more with the fact that i came back with this whole new sense of love.. and yet i cannot find a little bit of patience for the people around me. hmm...

2 comments:

Dad said...

Stella,

This is Hilary's dad.... you have such a good heart. You can not fix everything but seeing and being educated puts you far ahead of the rest of us.
You will be just fine and just let everyone in on your feelings.... thats all everyone wants.

Hil's dad

Unknown said...

Please turn to your blog more often. I need more frequent updates!